Prepare and use ELAPRASE according to the following steps using aseptic technique:
- Determine the total volume of ELAPRASE to be administered and the number of vials needed based on the patient’s weight and the recommended dose of 0.5 mg/kg. Round up to the next whole vial to determine the total number of vials needed.
- Remove the required number of vials from the refrigerator to allow them to reach room temperature.
- Before withdrawing the ELAPRASE solution from the vial, visually inspect each vial for particulate matter and discoloration. The ELAPRASE solution should be clear to slightly opalescent and colorless. Do not use if the solution is discolored or if there is particulate matter in the solution. Do not shake the ELAPRASE solution.
- Withdraw the calculated volume of ELAPRASE from the appropriate number of vials.
- Add the calculated volume of ELAPRASE solution to a 100 mL bag of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP for intravenous infusion.
- Mix gently. Do not shake the solution